Maybe it’s just me but the Nordstrom anniversary sale gets me excited for fall every year. It’s August in Texas, there’s no sweaters, boots, scarves, or leggings just yet, but the Nsale starts the excitement for sure. And I buy things and hold onto them for later. I love seeing influencers put together outfits and getting an idea of what the newest trends will be for the year. I can’t believe that this year I’m now one of those “influencers” … on a much smaller scale! Haha but still I can’t wait to share my picks. Also I joined a giveaway to help one of you girls (or guys) win a Nordstrom giftcard (scroll to the bottom to enter)
I really have two main points when it comes to the items I buy. 1- I buy staples and 2- I buy things that never go on sale. I don’t have hundreds of dollars to spend so I really try to buy the staple pieces that I will wear all season long. Secondly, I always buy what I know won’t be on sale later. Certain items I know will be found on sale, like for Black Friday, so I don’t bother buying those during the Nsale.
Things tend to sell out pretty quickly, so if you can work out a deal with a friend who has a Nordstrom credit card, do it! It’s a win win for you guys. They get the points and you get to shop early. Quick rant- I personally do not recommend getting a credit card (I’m a Dave Ramsey follower) unless you know that this is a place you’re going to shop all of the time AND you have the money to pay off your card the second you spend money on it. Okay rant over… but please don’t think you need to put yourself in debt for fashion. So reach out to someone. I guarantee you have an aunt or family friend or someone who would love to get your points. You can put the money on your own credit card and just use their access or venmo them if they want it put on their Nordstrom credit card.
What I’m ordering (my staple pieces):
- Zella Leggings– I LOVE these leggings. I’ve had them for 3 years now and they do not stretch out and are so so flattering. I have watched prices for the past 3 years now haha wanting to add a second pair and I can say with historic proof that these only go on sale during the Nsale and will be $59 the rest of the year. If I just buy one thing, it will be these leggings because they’re so so good. They’re perfect for layering sweaters and wearing dressed up.
- Tan Booties– I feel like booties are a staple for fall and winter and I don’t have a good pair other than black. I am really loving the look of these Steve Madden booties in taupe suede.
- Layering Sweater Dress– This sweater dress can be dressed up or down and for $30 will be one of my purchases this year! I love the tan color.
- Long Sleeve Bodysuit– bodysuits make a tucked look seem so much cleaner and I’m on the hunt for a good long sleeve option for skirts and pants for fall. I’m loving this one f or only $15 and I know it’s a staple piece I’ll get a lot of wear out of.
- Slouchy Suede Boots– I am so in love with these light tan colored boots. They hit just below the knee and will be a staple for cold weather for years to come
Fashion Wish List:
- Ribbed Tan Cardigan- I feel like a good cardigan is a staple for fall (and winter) and this one is a perfect neutral color. I love that the ribbing gives it a higher quality look
- Leopard Print Long Sleeve Dress– This dress is darling! I could wear this to work on casual days or to church!
- Lounge Shorts– Because it’s so hot in Texas, I will often grab for lounge shorts instead of joggers. this pair of cozy lounge shorts is only $15 in the sale and made by BP- Nordstrom’s brand that offers lower prices for good quality pieces. I have quite a few pieces from BP and am always impressed by the quality.
- Steve Madden Warm Sneakers– These sneakers are lined so they’re actually warm for the winter and they’re also so so cute.
- Adidas Tennis Shoes– Remember when neon tennis shoes were in? Hoping they still are because all of my tennis shoes are bright colors. I’ve been wanting a good neutral pair but omg the neutrals are so expensive. I love that this pair checks all the boxes and is only $49.
- Comfy Print Joggers– This is another item from BP and is $24 for a good quailty pair of comfy joggers. I love this star print and think it’s just so fun.
- Free People Body Suit- Also on my wish list is this beautiful free people body suit. I feel like it can be dressed up or down and I’m loving the deep jewel tone color for fall and winter
- Free People Oversized Sweater- I’m loving the neckline and oversized fit of this free people sweater. I know their sweaters are pricey so to find one for $49 is a win!
- Free People Tunic Sweater- I am loving this mock neck tunic. I know this is like my third free people item on here but I can’t help it, they have some cute stuff out.
- NorthFace Pink & Tan Jacket– omg this jacket is darling for winter! I feel like it would be something I would grab for over and over again.
- Navy Work Pants– Although it doesn’t look like I’ll be heading back to the office anytime soon, these look like the perfect pair of comfy work pants.
- Felt Hat– I’ve always wanted a cute hat for fall but haven’t pulled the trigger. This year has to be it. I’m loving this Rachel Parcell one.
Beauty Wish List:
I have teamed up with an amazing group of bloggers to give YOU a chance to win:
a $1,000 Nordstrom Gift Card to shop the Anniversary sale!
Simply enter below by completing the rafflecopter. You’ll receive one entry per completion. This giveaway is open to the U.S. and Canada only and runs until 8/17. Winner will be announced here. Good Luck!
Void where prohibited. By entering the giveaway you acknowledge that you are agreeing to complete each task, which involves following, liking and subscribing to newsletter’s.