I know old wives’ tales are “tales” for a reason but I thought it would be fun to go through the list to see what the wives say baby will be!
- Are you carrying high? If so, you’re having a girl. Are you carrying low? Then it’s a boy, all the way!
- Low- boy!
- Do you have pregnancy acne or other types of skin blemishes? One old wives’ tale claims girls will steal your beauty!
- I do but I wouldn’t say I have more than normal! I’ve always been an acne-prone person, unfortunately. So I will say no- boy!
- Have you noticed a change in your body temperature? If you’re feeling cold and icy, it’s a boy! Hot and sweaty? It’s a girl!
- At the start of pregnancy, I was freezing and couldn’t get warm. It’s mellowed out now where I’m not freezing, but I still am running cold. Boy!
- Typically, what is the baby’s heart rate? An old wives’ tale claims that slower heart rates (under 140 bpm) means boy, while heart rates over 140 means girl.
- The last appointment was 152, Girl!
- Have you noticed any significant cravings? If you’re craving sweet things, you’re having a girl. If you’re craving salty or sour foods, it’s a boy.
- Cheeseburgers and french fries! Lol I also have my normal sweet tooth but that’s nothing new so I would say salty here. Boy!
- Both ancient Chinese and Mayan cultures used a calendar to predict a baby’s gender. If both your age and the year you conceived are even, you’re having a girl. Same, if they’re both odd. If one is even and one is odd, you’re having a boy.
- 28 in 2020 so they’re both even. Girl!
- Have you dealt with morning sickness? An old wives’ tale states that sickness means it’s a girl. If not, then LUCKY YOU!
- Other than minor episodes, no! Boy!
- There’s a fun gender predictor called the Ring Test. To predict the gender of your baby, tie your wedding ring to a string, and hang it above your pregnant belly. If it swings in a circle, you’re having a boy. If it swings back and forth, gets ready for a girl!
- Oops still need to do this one. Sorry, no answer here.
- We all know that sympathy pains are a real thing. If your husband also put on some baby weight, an old wives’ tale says it’s a girl!
- Cody does not gain weight! Boy!
- Have you experienced swollen legs or ankles? Rumor has it, it’s a boy!
- Nope legs are normal! Girl!
- If you have experienced lots of clumsiness during your pregnancy, it’s a boy! If you’ve been graceful, expect a baby girl.
- I haven’t been clumsy but I have been forgetful. I don’t think these are the same though so I’ll go with graceful- Girl!
- Are you having crazy pregnancy dreams? Rumor has it that your baby’s gender is the opposite of the gender you dream about.
- I’ve had really weird dreams like where I have apparently had my baby but forgot and haven’t fed them in hours. Really weird but there’s no gender it’s just a baby. So no answer here.
- Have you experienced frequent headaches during your pregnancy? If so, you could be having a boy!
- OMG yes! I’ve had soooo many headaches it’s worst than the nausea. Boy!
- What color is your pee? If your urine is bright yellow, it’s a boy. If your urine is light or dull in color, it’s a girl.
- It’s been bright and I’ve even asked my doctor why the heck it’s so bright. I drink a ton of water I can’t figure it out. Boy!
- How is your mood? If you’re happy or mellow, expect a boy. If you’re moody, it’s a girl
- I’m super mellow… unless I’m hungry! Haha Boy!
As I reminder, I’m doing an Amazon gift card giveaway with some other blogger girls! Check out the below to easily enter:
I have teamed up with an amazing group of bloggers to give YOU a chance to win:
a $575 Amazon Gift Card
Simply enter below by completing the rafflecopter. You’ll receive one entry per completion. This giveaway is open to the U.S. and Canada only and runs until EOD 4/19. Winner will be announced here. Good Luck!
Void where prohibited. By entering the giveaway you acknowledge that you are agreeing to complete each task, which involves following, liking and subscribing to newsletter’s.