I know old wives’ tales are “tales” for a reason but I thought it would be fun to go through the list to see what the wives say baby will be!
- Are you carrying high? If so, you’re having a girl. Are you carrying low? Then it’s a boy, all the way!
- Low- boy!
- Do you have pregnancy acne or other types of skin blemishes? One old wives’ tale claims girls will steal your beauty!
- I do but I wouldn’t say I have more than normal! I’ve always been an acne-prone person, unfortunately. So I will say no- boy!
- Have you noticed a change in your body temperature? If you’re feeling cold and icy, it’s a boy! Hot and sweaty? It’s a girl!
- At the start of pregnancy, I was freezing and couldn’t get warm. It’s mellowed out now where I’m not freezing, but I still am running cold. Boy!
- Typically, what is the baby’s heart rate? An old wives’ tale claims that slower heart rates (under 140 bpm) means boy, while heart rates over 140 means girl.
- The last appointment was 152, Girl!
- Have you noticed any significant cravings? If you’re craving sweet things, you’re having a girl. If you’re craving salty or sour foods, it’s a boy.
- Cheeseburgers and french fries! Lol I also have my normal sweet tooth but that’s nothing new so I would say salty here. Boy!
- Both ancient Chinese and Mayan cultures used a calendar to predict a baby’s gender. If both your age and the year you conceived are even, you’re having a girl. Same, if they’re both odd. If one is even and one is odd, you’re having a boy.
- 28 in 2020 so they’re both even. Girl!
- Have you dealt with morning sickness? An old wives’ tale states that sickness means it’s a girl. If not, then LUCKY YOU!
- Other than minor episodes, no! Boy!
- There’s a fun gender predictor called the Ring Test. To predict the gender of your baby, tie your wedding ring to a string, and hang it above your pregnant belly. If it swings in a circle, you’re having a boy. If it swings back and forth, gets ready for a girl!
- Oops still need to do this one. Sorry, no answer here.
- We all know that sympathy pains are a real thing. If your husband also put on some baby weight, an old wives’ tale says it’s a girl!
- Cody does not gain weight! Boy!
- Have you experienced swollen legs or ankles? Rumor has it, it’s a boy!
- Nope legs are normal! Girl!
- If you have experienced lots of clumsiness during your pregnancy, it’s a boy! If you’ve been graceful, expect a baby girl.
- I haven’t been clumsy but I have been forgetful. I don’t think these are the same though so I’ll go with graceful- Girl!
- Are you having crazy pregnancy dreams? Rumor has it that your baby’s gender is the opposite of the gender you dream about.
- I’ve had really weird dreams like where I have apparently had my baby but forgot and haven’t fed them in hours. Really weird but there’s no gender it’s just a baby. So no answer here.
- Have you experienced frequent headaches during your pregnancy? If so, you could be having a boy!
- OMG yes! I’ve had soooo many headaches it’s worst than the nausea. Boy!
- What color is your pee? If your urine is bright yellow, it’s a boy. If your urine is light or dull in color, it’s a girl.
- It’s been bright and I’ve even asked my doctor why the heck it’s so bright. I drink a ton of water I can’t figure it out. Boy!
- How is your mood? If you’re happy or mellow, expect a boy. If you’re moody, it’s a girl
- I’m super mellow… unless I’m hungry! Haha Boy!