How I did my ECLECTIC book shelves: I love this eclectic trend! No longer do book shelves need to be used for just books. Anything goes: grab your knickknacks (is that a word?) and a few books and you’ve got a fun place to display your treasures. I have a few tips to make your shelves look both COHESIVE and ECLECTIC ❤️
- Tip 1- pick a metal. I chose brass and every piece I put up there that had metal on it, is brass (framed, metal sphere, nail ball)
- Tip 2- pick a wood finish. By now it’s no surprise that I love driftwood so the fish sculptures and wood tray (one day I’m going to find green moss balls to put in there) are both raw/washed wood.
- Tip 3- pick a color or two. I chose white and blue (but I’m also a neutral fan!)
- Tip 4- add photos! You don’t want your shelves to look like a display at a store so make it personal with some photos.
- Tip 5- add greenery. It’s crazy how much more alive a space looks when you add greenery. Mine are all fake, yes.
- Tip 6- add SOME books. I love them for stacking items. I mean it is a book shelf. I used this antique encyclopedia collection and love it!
- Tip 7- go for a mix of new and old. Grab some antiques and grab that shiny knickknack at the store and put them together! Nows the time to break the rules. I used an antique encyclopedia collection along with some fun new items from At Home that are listed below.
- Tip 8- leave blank space. You don’t need to fill every square inch.
And of you’re judging the speakers, sorry they have to go somewhere. I put something pretty in front of them to draw the eyes forward as best as possible!
Leave a Reply