The national average spent on wedding arch flowers is $550. I reached out to a florist and yes, that plus more is what it would cost for a tropical spray. So of course the cheap person that I am decided to try to DIY it.
I ordered the arch from efavormart with a coupon and spent around $80 with shipping. Which after doing a lot of searching is a great deal for this size arch. The only kicker is it took around 2 months to arrive so just make sure you order it with time to spare. I had Cody help me put together the arch in the living room last night so I could get an idea for sizing and where I wanted the spray to go.
I used a pool noodle (50 cents form Walmart) and cut it in half length wise. I wrapped it around the arch and it was tight enough, but if needed, you could secure it with some tie wraps.
All of the flowers I ordered are from Afloral. I heard so many great things about afloral so I decided to give them a try and they really are very realistic for fake flowers. I have all of the flowers I used linked at the bottom of this post. The hardest part was using bad wire cutters to cut the floral stems. I would recommend buying a good pair unlike I did to snip all of the stems.
I started by almost making a frame for the big king proteas which I knew I wanted at the center. The first thing I added was the palm leaves (I bought two) and put 4 stems on the left and 4 stems on the right. Then I filled the bottom line out with croton plant leaves. I had to hot glue the croton plant leaves because the leaves didn’t have wires. Next I filled in the left and right “frame” with the hibiscus, orchids, and bouganvilleas. Next, I kind of centered the two king proteas and stuck those in. I added the open needle protea’s kind of at random around the big ones so it didn’t look too linear. The last two things I added were the fan palm and the montsera, which I added at the top for height.
I really like how it turned out, but with our arch being so big, I kind of want to do a second spray to give it more color. The total cost for this project was $220 ($80 for the arch and $150 for floral) oh and that 50 cent pool noodle lol.
To transport the arch, we plan to take it apart and the one section with flowers I’ll set in the back seat while the rest of the poles can go back in the box.